Subject: Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS released
Your donations keep us afloat. Please to continued maintenance of this project.
The Ubuntu team is proud to announce the release of Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS, the second maintenance release of "Dapper Drake". This release includes updated Server installation CDs for the i386 and amd64 architectures.
Ubuntu is a full-featured Linux distribution for desktops, laptops, and servers, with a fast and easy install and regular releases. A tightly-integrated selection of excellent applications is included, and an incredible variety of add-on software is available from a global network of mirrors with just a few clicks.
Professional technical support is available from Canonical Limited and hundreds of other companies around the world. For more information about support, visit http://www.ubuntu.com/support
To Get Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS
Download it here:
About Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS
This is the second maintenance release of Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, which continues to be supported with maintenance updates and security fixes until June 2009 on desktops and June 2011 on servers. This maintenance release focuses on improving hardware support for popular server platforms, including updated server installation media.
Over 600 post-release updates have been integrated, so that fewer updates will need to be downloaded after installation, and a number of bugs in the installation system have been corrected. These include security updates and corrections for other high-impact bugs, with a focus on maintaining stability and compatibility with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS.
See http://www.ubuntu.com/usn for a list of Ubuntu security updates. As of 2008-01-10, all updates affecting packages on the CD have been applied.
A summary of notable updates follows. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu for specific information about a particular bug number.
Hardware-independent installer fixes:
* Configuring LVM with using RAID partitions as physical volumes works now. (#22899)
* An occasional indefinite hang during installation on multiprocessor systems has been fixed. (#62986)
Installation on HP ProLiant DL3xx server platforms:
* Detection of the DAC960 RAID controller (#31035)
* Detection of HP Virtual Keyboard (#55495) =20 * Detection of Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5708 (#73647)
* Installation of Lilo with the HP/Compaq SmartArray RAID controller (#103291)
Installation on Dell PowerEdge server platforms:
* Detection of I2O-based hardware RAID controllers, such as the Adaptec 2xxx series (#22220)
* Detection and handling of PERC/MegaRaid controllers (#32752, #55138, #56854)
* Fix polling of CD-ROMs which previously caused problems like failed hibernation, failed hotswapping CD drives, and lockups. (#58953)
* Fix the Gnome printer notification icon and other printing client progra= ms getting stuck in an endless loop, consuming 100% CPU resources. (#44196)
* Handling of proxy disabling (Acquire::http::Proxy "false") in apt configuration (#47044)
* NFS mounts on 64 bit platforms (#89801)=20
* Printing of documents with certain international characters in the title (#57445)
Helping Shape Ubuntu
If you would like to help shape Ubuntu, take a look at the list of ways you can participate at
If you have a question, or if you think you may have found a bug but aren't sure, try asking on the #ubuntu channel on IRC.FreeNode.net, on the Ubuntu Users mailing list, or on the Ubuntu forums:
You can find out more about Ubuntu on our website:
To sign up for future Ubuntu announcements, please subscribe to Ubuntu's very low volume announcement list at: